Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My purchased new, 2007 Sierra 2500 HD Classic with Duramax/Allison, and 61 K miles is kaput. The frame has been flaking apart like philoh dough or baclava. I just replaced the lower oil pan which developed leaks as it rusted through from the liquid dissolve-your-vehicle sh!t that our state department of transportation sprays on our highways here in NE Pa. during the winter months. The way I see it, PennDot OWES ME A TRUCK!
I replaced all brake lines with stainless steel; replaced all fuel lines with stainless steel; replaced all power steering lines; both transmission cooler lines; the tranny oil cooler; the fuel cooler; FIVE sets of front rotors; three on the rear; all calipers once; shocks once; rear bumper once; the front bumper is ready to fall off; and now the frame is beyond help.
Cab corners and rockers are bad. All this despite my washing-off the undercarriage as often as needed up until a few years ago.
Of course GM no longer offers a replacement frame for sale. Any suggestions on what my choices are as far as what might be the best (or only?) way(s) to go, other than selling my engine and transmission and using the rest for target practice? Any used frame recyclers out there?
Totally disgusted here in NE PA as I thought this would be the last truck I would have to buy.
I searched the forums for replacement frame info and there is essentially none other than looking for another truck from a non-salt area of the country.

leoniruii

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yea it sucks up here. It's not even worth the battle if you're really trying to go at them. Im over in North Jersey which is the same stuff but significantly more potholes to make sure everything shakes loose. Gotta hit those wash barns y'all got out there as much as you can and do you're best to keep it clean. When it comes to trucks the paint is basically the last thing you have to worry about

1 - 2 of 2 Posts