Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys i ordered a diablo predator stage 4 and a 4 inch exhaust system and a K&N airfilter for the stock box to increase my duramax 6.6 engine, with the truck i want to stay on the safe side with the engine mods. How much horsepower and tourque do u think i'd get from these mods. What do you guys think i should go with next in turn of engine mods? Any suggestions are appreciaciated guys.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Can you return the K&N? If so, do it, thats about the best thing you can do with it. They let WAY too much dirt through and don't really work well. Personally, I feel that dry flow filters are the way to go. If you over oil a Cotton Gauze filter, the oil canbe sukked out of the filter and coat the insides of the piping and the compressor blades. This wieghs down the blades, and makes dirt stick to them, wieghing them down worse. This will cause slower spoolup, poor mileage, high egts, and in extreme cases, turbo failure from unbalanced compressor wheel. I would use an Amsoil nanofiber replacement or some other quality dry element filter. I have an Amsoil for my truck.

As for HP and tq numbers, I don't know. But I can tell you you are going to love that Diablo. They run great, and the 4" will really help the sound out. We just pulled the muffler out of Dinger's LBZ and straigh piped it. Sounds so sweet!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THa diablo should put you in the high 300 RWHP range on the high setting and is more than you stock trans will like, any more than that a trans up grade would be my next mod!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tht's cool, what kind of transmission upgrade should i go for? Any specific brands i should aim towards for maximum performance.

I also ordered a MBRP Stainless Steel Front Pipe, are there any problems with using it regularly (as in not only offroad) and is it worth it?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the tranny kit,i would recommend the ppe,sun coast,ats,transgo and their are other brands avalible,i just bought a ppe stage V tranny for my truck and it will handle 1000hp on the crank but that would be a little over done for your truck...for a truck with 300rwhp to 400rwhp it would go with the stage 2 or stage 3 tranny but if you wanna do it right the first time around go with the stage 4.....just my thoughts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have put on the mods that i mentioned above, but i am facing a problem right now, the tires are slipping in the 2nd gear and 3rd gear. i am thinking of putting a tire sized 285/75/16 will this effect performance of the car and will this stop the slipping?
note: my current tires are stock 245/75/16

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
with a taller tire like the 285's it will take care of that problem...i'm runnin 305-55R20(32-12.50R20)on my 06 2500HD and with the stock 245's i couldn't do a take of in 2wd it would sit there and fry the tires...did you decide what type of tire you want to go with suck as A/T(all-terrain)or a M/T(mud-terrain)and what brand of tire are you thinking of?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bridgestone Dueler. A/T
Size 285/75/16
will this size affect the performance of the car?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler. A/T
Size 285/75/16
will this size affect the performance of the car?
nope,thats the beauty of diesels with the amount of torque they have you can run taller tires and not really notice a difference unlike the gas engines..just make sure you recalibrate the speedo with your diablo programmer,i wouldn't you to get a ticket for going to fast..the dueler a/t is a great tire,did you look at the dueler a/t revo that is also a great tire...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts