Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performance Chip...

I also posted this topic in another section.

i would like to add a performance chip to my 2003 LB7 duramax.
i am not interested in racing, extreme off-roading or stuff like that.
i am more interested in increasing fuel economy (it is my primary vehicle).
several times a year i haul a loaded pop-up camper (approx. 3500#'s) and very often (2-3 times a month) i haul a 17' aluminum bass boat (less than 2000#'s) and occassionally i haul hay or compost/dirt for my garden/flower beds.

i talked to the boys at banks and after i give them over $4,000 they might be able to get me 10% increase in fuel economy (i currently get 16.5 city and 19 hwy with my own calculations). the cost to gain ratio doesn't seem good at all.

is there anything out there that is better?

thanks for your feedback,

hookset

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I would get a predator and run it on the 60 hp setting (the second setting). You can pick one of those up for about $3-400.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
It's ok, but most people prefer the predator...it does a little more than the hypertech and bullydog powerpup. I have a powerpup and it is ok, but I get timing rattle with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HP and MPG!!

hookset,

Get the Predator, best price and best features and HP as well as potential MPG gains too. We have them on sale if you have any questions just call us.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im selling my Quadzilla on e-bay right now. It was a good programmer, served me well

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also posted this topic in another section.

i would like to add a performance chip to my 2003 LB7 duramax.
i am not interested in racing, extreme off-roading or stuff like that.
i am more interested in increasing fuel economy (it is my primary vehicle).
several times a year i haul a loaded pop-up camper (approx. 3500#'s) and very often (2-3 times a month) i haul a 17' aluminum bass boat (less than 2000#'s) and occassionally i haul hay or compost/dirt for my garden/flower beds.

i talked to the boys at banks and after i give them over $4,000 they might be able to get me 10% increase in fuel economy (i currently get 16.5 city and 19 hwy with my own calculations). the cost to gain ratio doesn't seem good at all.

is there anything out there that is better?

thanks for your feedback,

hookset

$4,000.00?!? Wow! You would have to drive several hundred thousand miles just to break even. You can get a nice set-up for well under $1,000.00.

I'll be installing my Van Aaken tomorrow or Saturday...it was under $4,000.00 hahahah

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put the edge/attitude in our '04 Lb7, VERY easy install, I just put a post on the site to see if there are any other recomendations or concerns. I have a friend that sells all the different aftermarket setups, (he alone does 30-35 grand/month in truck accesories) he told me the edge has the best feed back from his customers. the edge boxes have gone out in 1 out of 12 he has sold recently... (to me thats WAY high), but they unplug, and egde has been warranting them no questions asked, so its not a concern. (when they go out, it doenst leave you stranded, it just runs crummy, so you unplug it, and its back to stock) so far, im very happy with it, but its been less that 24 hours. :drink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts