Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new to this site and diesels in general. :help Worked on gas burners all my life but this is whole another ball game. I have a 08 mostly stock. Been reading post after post and Im still lost!!! I know I need to Dpf delete the exhaust, thinking about PPE Hot+2 E.T. MBRP 4-5" straight pipe. Is this best programmer for my money? Or is there one that is better for everyday driving/sweet performance?

Also, I've been reading about pcv reoute, resonator delete(to make turbo louder?), and blocking EGR's. Could someone please help me out and tell me what I need to do so I dont mess that expensive engine up and hell what exactly all those do ^. More MPG would also be sweet!!!!!!

Sorry newbie and I help asap. Ready to start ordering parts and hear that turbo spool!!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
pcv re route- (positive crankcase ventilation) keeps oil of your turbo, you can re route it to the atmosphere instead, no negative effects

egr block (exhaust gas recirculation) keeps the gases from re circulating through your motor,

plugging the resonator does nothing, if it makes your turbo louder, its because you wanna hear it. some have swore it works, noticed no difference on mine.

delete the dpf to gain better mileage, youll need a tuner able to block the codes for this and the egr blocker plate. PPE is a good choice if you dont want efi live, if you would like to learn more, go to forums-efi live

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply. So I should go ahead and do the pcv reroute and egr block. No negative effects on engine or anything else with these? I've heard of EFI Live all great reviews but ive been told there are no pre-programmed maps ( do it your self ) unless you sent off to someone. I'll read up more on it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Call up a tuner and they can point you in the right direction. You can now get a loaner v2 and have custom EFI Live tunes for less than any other canned tuner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loaner v2? Not familiar with that.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Look up some o the tuners on here.
ATPtrucks.com does mine. Extremely good tuning.
Pcv reroute and egr block help the motor more than if you left them there. It's emissions restrictive crap!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok sweet. Guess I'll do those this weekend.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Let me suggest something, you can buy a 10$ block off plate for the egr and it just stops the flow, or you can spend about 2-400$ on a full egr delete pipe and an uppipe without the y in it to completely remove the egr. That being said, your engine flows better with the full delete, but if you would like to stop the exhaust gases from recirculating an nothing more then a plate works fine.
Google "Sdp twins" and press the tab that says egr delete pipes If you would like to see one and or order one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
X2 on ATP(idaho rob) hes the man!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just sent ATP(idaho rob) and email so looking forward to a response! Is it worth spending about 2-400$ on a full egr delete pipe and an uppipe without the y in it to completely remove the egr? I mean $10 vs. $400 is a big difference lol. I guess im asking is full delete worth the money vs. the "half" delete for $10.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
I just sent ATP(idaho rob) and email so looking forward to a response! Is it worth spending about 2-400$ on a full egr delete pipe and an uppipe without the y in it to completely remove the egr? I mean $10 vs. $400 is a big difference lol. I guess im asking is full delete worth the money vs. the "half" delete for $10.
i shot you an email back Jon, feel free to call and ask any questions you have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts