Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to upgrade the injectors on my 04.5 LLY to help with the higher levels on the Edge, (and i plan on adding dual CP3 pumps sometime) anyone know who makes good performance injectors for the duramax?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
There really isnt any hp gain from adding injectors, the stock injectors will will feed up to 700+ hp, way more than an edge will fuel, even with the cp3x2!!!
THe only few folks i know doing lly injectors are kennedy diesel, crank it up diesel, and maybe socal diesel???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so how do i get the power to the ground? when i punch it from a stop, it won't even chirp the wheels. it's the stock TC and tranny, with 70K miles on them, do i need to upgrade that? is my TC just not able to handle it? or do i need an upgraded turbo? (i want to be able to punch it and GO from a stop, not punch it and wait... wait... wait... then go)

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
The trans will do a lot but with a turbo engine you will always have some kind of turbo lag, but they will do it with the right trans and right tune, my wifes truck wont chirp the tires in 1st but will blow them off when it hits second with a stock trans and a mild efi tune. THe main thing is you need boost to make power, try holding the brake tight and giving a little bit of throttle untill the turbo starts to spool up then just let off the brake and mat the throttle this should take care of it!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
if i use a heacy tune and try to do that i will bake the tires without even trying but i look better so i still win in my mind:rockin

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the same motor and put 95 hp injectors in it
i think u have 2 have a bigger turbo 2 get more air
u also will want 2 do trany upgrades such as torque converter, kevlar clutch plates, better valvebody,ats co pilot, bigger oil pan, probably other things, thats is far is i got on the trany, and im still having a little problem whe towing heavy loads.i also have a inner-cooler & methanol injection. it all started with wanting 2 use the higher settings on the edge unit. i still have high egts so im thinking about getting a bigger turbo, that, or take the injectors out. im on this web site 2 try and get some input.
if u do want injectors u might want 2 look into 50 or 60hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts