Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hope all is well. I just picked up an 06 Duramax Dually with 140k miles. It's all stock. I'm starting off with a 2 car hauler and once I get my CDL ill move to a 3-4 car hauler. I'm looking for a package that gas HP/TQ and MPG as my main concern. I know basics like intake/exhaust/tune but which ones? I'm not "ballin" yet so I need mid-grade quality because I don't want to spend too much cash. Suggestions??

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
EFI live a trans go Jr. Kit and some gauges and you are all set. One of the vendors on here will be more than happy to hook you up with price quotes.

Welcome to the forum

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
EFI live a trans go Jr. Kit and some gauges and you are all set. One of the vendors on here will be more than happy to hook you up with price quotes.

Welcome to the forum
This plus an exhaust

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
That can come later not needed on an LBZ like it is on an LMM.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hey guys hope all is well. I just picked up an 06 Duramax Dually with 140k miles. It's all stock. I'm starting off with a 2 car hauler and once I get my CDL ill move to a 3-4 car hauler. I'm looking for a package that gas HP/TQ and MPG as my main concern. I know basics like intake/exhaust/tune but which ones? I'm not "ballin" yet so I need mid-grade quality because I don't want to spend too much cash. Suggestions??
I would wait on an intake.

EFI Live, Exhaust, Transgo Jr would be a good start.

I have an EFI Live and Exhaust deal going on.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/troll-performance-tuning/159789-efi-live-exhaust-deal-more.html

And we could throw a TransgoJr in there with it too.
I would do an EGR Block as well.

Let me know, I have 2 tuners I work with and Personally for mileage I would go with Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run the BANKS economind tuner and the Banks brake kit with a 4inch downpipe back exhaust and Banks ram air intake and have great success, I tow a 40' flatbed gooseneck trailer and regularly have over 12k on the trailer combined I weigh in over 30k on scales.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Cobra, I hope that once you make the move to a 3/4 car it is 3 car as your dually will not safely tow any four car trailer. Folks that pull four car trailers are driving Class 7/8 tractors for a myriad of reasons. Also, be aware as you are about to begin commercial hauling, you and your truck will be subject to DOT inspections. If you start deleting exhaust components and get caught, I hope that you have a fat bank account to pay for the tickets while you are sitting beside the road having been put out of service (OOS) for improper equipment. This is especially true if you think that you would ever haul into/out of Communfornia. This is all assuming that your truck has DPF, etc as original equipment.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
.....This is all assuming that your truck has DPF, etc as original equipment.
It's an LBZ.

OP, you really don't need anything over stock (except Air Springs) to pull those desired loads. However, a small tow tune (via EFI) to get you Turbo Braking will be a Godsend. :thumb

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sorry I left this out but YES this will be my commercial truck. I do NOT want to run into issues with DOT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dot

The DOT arent as strict as some would say, especially on the 1 ton group. I know its what I do. I am a hot shot hauler fully licensed and DOT compliant with Insurance and authority. I do cation you dont try to run under the radar. Get your interstate authority and Insurance. keep a log book and if you get an aux fuel tank in your bed or on your flatbed(like me mine is 115 gallons and mounted behind my cab on my hauler bed) DO NOT GET GRAVITY FEED. they will fine you for that and make you remove it and dump the diesel you have in it. You must draw from above the fuel level to be legal. If you have any questions about operating interstate just ask

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Work truck?' LEAVE IT STOCK

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
EFI Live, exhaust, EGR blocker, TransGo Jr, and a pump rub kit. A lift pump would also be a great addition.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Been run around back at the scales a couple times with no issues.

Nothing more than a level 1 tho.

Air bags - yes, ok
Tune + transgo - how would they even check
Water/meth - open the tank - its the same as wws. Biggest issue I had with that was crossing the Canada/USA border once. They didn't believe I was spraying water into the engine. But seemed more intrigued with it and all the goodies inside the truck than anything.
Exhaust - maybe an issue depending on what and who

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been run around back at the scales a couple times with no issues. HUH?

Nothing more than a level 1 tho. whats a level 1?

Air bags - yes, ok
Tune + transgo - how would they even check
Water/meth - open the tank - its the same as wws. Biggest issue I had with that was crossing the Canada/USA border once. They didn't believe I was spraying water into the engine. But seemed more intrigued with it and all the goodies inside the truck than anything. [/B]water? Meth?[/B]
Exhaust - maybe an issue depending on what and who
please keep in mind guys I'm a noob with these things lol details please

1 - 18 of 18 Posts