Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since some people think Alaska is another country or out in the ocean next to Hawaii :rof When in fact we are in the same postal and shipping zone as the West (CA, OR, ID WA) It is hard to find companies out there who will offer decent shipping rates to Alaska.

I am wondering what companies selling diesel accessories will ship to Alaska through the USPS or DHL for a better rate than UPS. We can ship to the lower 48 UPS ground but not ground to here and usually it has to be "Next day air" :confused:

I want to eventually buy things to improve the performance of my truck and I want to do it reasonably and shipped for a reasonable rate and not get racked over the coals to get it here. If the product is good and the company selling it believes in good customer service, then it would make sense to ship at a good rate for everyone.

I know it costs a little more to go certain places than others. But come on now, if I can send a box to Pa say for 30 dollars USPS it will be the same from there back to here; makes sense doesn't it. For some reason people think the boat only comes here every so often. When in fact we do have Roads and Airports people and NO it is not constantly a barren land of ice and snow, only in the high up mountains is it like that year round.

So please let me know what is out there for good shipping rates on heavier items. I am looking at upgrading the exhaust manifold first, one site said 40lb ship weight and another said 10 :confused:

:help

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We are here to help ya. I try and get customers the most fair shipping price possible. I have sent many things to guys up north, and hope to send many more!:drink

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Well said DN- shipping is easy for no-one... sometimes customers don't understand that we as shops (sales & installation) pay freight to our door too... BUT as the world turns!

·
Registered
181 Posts
There are some shops up there that have the diesel parts in their inventory. They usually bring them up by water in bulk. So in most cases you can actually get what you are looking from cheaper by buying it locally. If you need the number to a shop send me a message and I will get it off to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts