Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking to get new air intake, cat diesel filter, boost valve and take my muffler of my 4”.
This along with Edge juice hot unlock and an reinforced transmission I think it will be a fun and powerful truck :)

The question in here is that on my old truck I hade about the same parts (edge evolution and stock transmission) and I think that truck was more powerful than my new one without the parts I mentioned first. How much of a difference does air intakes, boost valve and 4” pipes?

And what do I need to do if I want a efi live tune?

Aleksander

·
Vendor
10,988 Posts
Welcome to DF. Save your money on the CAT filter mod. The OE Filter does a fine job. Go with a Racor Coalescer or a AC Delco, they are the same fitler made by Racor. It also allows you to monitor your water. The Edge Juice is a good canned tuner but if you are serious about getting more power out of it, I would skip the Juice, get the Edge Insight CTS2 and go right to EFI Live. You can control your tunes with the Edge. Power, performance and driveability will all be better than the canned tunes from the Juice. EFI Live tuning from PPEI would be add HP is 15-30-60-80-120 on a LB7-LLY When you say reinforced trans, what are you speaking of?

While there are gains from intakes it is normally not felt in the seat of the pants, you are just making it breath a bit better. The exhaust is the same, you may lower EGTs a bit but not significantly.

If I can be of assistance with any thing, please don't hesitate to ask.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, im trying to get the receipt on the trans and see what’s been done.. it’s supposed to handle 600hp and 1800nm. It’s done at a transmission shop here in Norway.

Okay, so I skip the CAT, and I’m gonna buy a new air intake, do you have any suggestions on intake?

Well 500hp is more than enough.. or close to it anyways. Is there anything else I must upgrade to have it around 500hp?

Aleksander

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the receipt form the previous owner and it supposedly has an reinforced allison 1000/2000 pack with and triple disc converter and an reinforced bracket that helps stability of the tranny under hard load.. not very much info there but it seems to work very well with the truck on hot unlock and no slipping that I noticed unlike my old truck that had a lot of converter slip and it went in to limp a couple of times.

Aleksander

1 - 4 of 4 Posts