Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this has been beaten to death on this forum....but I have to share this.
I am interested in putting an airdog II on my LML and figured I would check with a GM Factory Customer Service Warranty rep. on the phone to get the ok, they responded sure if I can find a GM dealer who will install it. Well I went to the local GMC Dealer today and they responded that no performance upgrades can be installed by them due to liability reasons. Being the good service rep. he also reminded me that if I choose to install any performance devices on my duramax, they would void my warranty period. Things mentioned were obvious Tuners, Exhaust System, Airfilters, and then the lift pump that I intended on installing.

Is there a way to still keep the warranty and install a lift pump (like an airdog)?

Kind of frustrated because I see value in removing the air from my fuel lines and problems down the road that it can prevented through the lift pumps.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
no way around it, if you put any kind of a lift pump on there it will void your warranty, and trust me you do not want to void your warranty.....read sig below for resasons...

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Not really, I don't think so. Its really unfortunate because I cannot think of one downside to installing and AirDog or FASS, but that's the rule.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Not really, I don't think so. Its really unfortunate because I cannot think of one downside to installing and AirDog or FASS, but that's the rule.
the downside is it might keep it from breaking for a little bit longer :rofl

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the support folks....hoping some knew of a loophole on this one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Madison Moss act I belive its called look it up they can not void the warranty for istalling performance parts unless they can prove the part cause something to fail like your window quite working has nothing to do with a tuner. But it also depends on how much you want to fight with them also

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Madison Moss act I belive its called look it up they can not void the warranty for istalling performance parts unless they can prove the part cause something to fail like your window quite working has nothing to do with a tuner. But it also depends on how much you want to fight with them also
yes thats true but take me for example my injector pump and injectors failed which i had to have warrantied and would have cost about $10,000 if it was out of warranty and if i would have had a lift pump on there they would have voided the warranty for that since it would have been linked to the problem.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
I think it's magnuson moss and from what I hear its a pile of shit. Even if you wanted to fight it the lawyers required to beat gms would most likely cost more then the pick up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess no performance mods for me...right now not rich enough to void a warranty.
Seriously $10,000 for injectors? Yikes

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Try telling them its not a performance upgrade but mearly something that filters the fuel better

·
Registered
314 Posts
It must depend on the dealer because I have efi on my lmm down pipe mbrp 4"exhaust and my brake booster started leaking and they replaced the part with a new one and never said a word to me about the modifications

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
It must depend on the dealer because I have efi on my lmm down pipe mbrp 4"exhaust and my brake booster started leaking and they replaced the part with a new one and never said a word to me about the modifications
it depends on the dealer really, when i worked for ford a fully deleted, spartan tuned 6.4 came in with an oil leak and i warrentied the front crank seal, IMO if the mods have nothing to do with what the problem part is then it should be warrentied

·
Registered
14 Posts
Think a lift pump might have prevented burning up a cp4 and injectors? I'm giving in to the peer pressure and waving goodbye to my warranty this week to make it to a dyno day this weekend:gearjamin

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Think a lift pump might have prevented burning up a cp4 and injectors? I'm giving in to the peer pressure and waving goodbye to my warranty this week to make it to a dyno day this weekend:gearjamin
Just think of how much money in fuel and DEF you will save when you hit 100k trouble-free miles. :thumb

At least that is how I rationalized doing mine. :rof

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm about it to give in as well.... I think peer pressure is worse now then it was in school!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts