Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 LB7 i just bought that is completly stock except for hyptech programmer. I was looking for suggestions for an intake, 5" exhaust, and a tuner/monitor combo. I was looking at the AFE intake, MBRP exhaust, and either the bully dog or edge with monitor. I was also thinking of keeping this chip and just geeting a monitor. Was just wondering if anyone had any comments on this chip.

Thanx

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track with the AFE and The MBRP! THe hypertech is a conservative tuner, but is more power than your stock trans mission will live behind!!

AS for the moniter, i probally would just install gauges as they are around the same $$ and being you allready have the tuner you wont need the extra power from the chip/moniter unless you plan on upgrading the transmission!!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
go MBRP and Edje juice w/ attitude... the tranny will handle it... i have 40K on mine and put a edge chip, intake, and 5" MBRP on with 4 miles on the truck. NO tranny problems yet, and i pull huge boats and trailer yachts all the time. "if its not broke, don't fit it" warranty is good for at least one replacement and then you can look into companies like Suncoast.. don't be scared! :D the attitude monitor is nice with monitoring and auto-back down capabilities, standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts