Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I drive for my part time job. It's a 2006 King Ranch DRW. He's got 6" exhaust, sounds like a jet plane taking off as we pull 10,000 lbs everyday all day. He's had 4 MAJOR repairs and his warranty just ran out. He's getting a Cummins this week, still can't talk the guy into a Duramax, he doesn't listen as proof of him buying the 6.0.

Attachments

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
lol 4 major repairs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's what Ford qualifies as "major". I think he actually has injector/s going bad as well. Dodge told him they'd give him 21,000 on trade so he's gonna take it I think.

I figured I'd share a few shots since I had just finished washing the whole truck and trailer. It's a great looking truck inside and out but it's seriously a piece.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I feel your pain, my gf's dad uses a 6.0 as his tow rig and I can't talk him off it to save me. Just waitin on the day he calls me broken down on the side of the road with their race trailer needin a hook up though :drink

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I owned a 6.0 for aprox 4 days and sent it back to the dealership with that lovely "ghost throttle" and list of other things I shoulda payed attention to while test driving. Such a nice truck just a shame you have to spend $4Gs to fix Ford's problems they wont

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, when you throttle it in this rig it sputters and is so hesitant to just GO....nothing like the DMax/Allison. I even hooked up and pulled it for him with mine, and as he was thoroughly impressed his "all knowing mechanic" suggests Cummins and that's who he listens to, so whatever! His $ and I get to drive a brand new rig...lol.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Well a I6 is a "perfectly symmetrical" engine but my brother's 05 Cummins just about a full built truck and my Dmax still feels more powerful andbetter throttle response, but maybe its just Dmax love . . .

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
gotta love those king ranch seats though...

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
6inch exhaust?!?!

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Has HE driven your truck? Betcha that may help him reconsider. My boss has a F350 SRW (THINK King Ranch, some special Loaded edition) and it's a NICE LOOKING truck. May be 1/4 the miles I have and in SHOWROOM condition (It is) but I wouldn't trade my truck for it if he tossed in cash. (Unless I get to sell it right off to buy another D-Max.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts