Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just a little bit excited :gearjamin

Today I was all set to buy a Cummins because of the wonderful $5500 rebate, and the good reputation of that engine. My first choice was a GM D-max but I was under the impression that they were too expensive. Well I don't know how my dealer did it but they got me into an '07 Chevy HD2500 Classic LS1 Crew 4wd for less than the amazing deal I had worked with Dodge (5500 incentive plus 1000 LESS than invoice).

So I basically got my cake and ate it too tonight. The Chevy dealer mentioned something about coupons that they used to get the price down competitive with the Dodge. The '07 Classic's only have a 1000 rebate so they must have been some pretty nice coupons.

I can not believe how awesome the Allison transmission is, it is half the reason I wanted a GM. I can't wait for break in to be over so that I can tow.

I'm going to do some searching about breaking in the D-Max, fuel additives for the new fuel, and general things to look out for. If you have any advice that I must know right away please post it.

I'm looking forward to learning a ton on this forum.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, And welcome to the site, glad you got the GM over the Dodge!!!!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome to the site, personally i use/suggest Stanadyne for additive.

also there really is no break in period for diesel's the only thing is that the fuel economy will get better as the truck gets more miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts