Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off Its my first duramax and I love it, but there are a few issues with it that are minor and i could use help on how to go about fixing.

1. I was using the fab today and the unlock button was malfuntioning(I fixed it) but in the process I learned that my key doesn't work in the door lock. :/ It goes in all the way it seems but wont turn at all.

2. The PRND321 doesn't light up(rest of the dash lights work fine), or if it does its really dim and hard to see, I've been just counting the notches as i drove around today. So does this mean i need a new cluster?

3. My truck has the amber roof lights, this isn't really a big deal but can these be removed? Doesn't hurt anything just think it would look better without them.

any ways glad to be apart of the fam, and can't wait to start enjoying this truck everyday.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend, lets see some pics

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Havn't taken any of my own yet, but here is one off the site

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If you're worried about the "amber roof lights" You can look on recons site and swap them with the 07.5 style cab lights. They look a lot better. You can remove them... but keep in mind there will be holes in your roof that you'll have to fill... I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Yeah you'd be better off just leaving the cab lights on.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
^^X2 and a locksmith can re-key that lock for you.

Leave the clearance lights on. You would need to replace the roof skin to remove the holes left by them. It's a cool truck. Many on here add the clearance lights later, so you are ahead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I was checking out the RECON kit, I like the 07+ cab lights they are a lower profile and not as bright orange. Probably will get that kit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
key not working in door. have you tried turning the key over? when I got my truck, it had 3 keys and fobs. one set worked very good, the other 2 not too much. got the fobs fixed, just needed batteries. but one of the keys will not work when it in inserted one way. pull the key out and flip it over an it works fine. just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.