Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT-4 Carbon Pro
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and put a deposit down. I'll be picking it up later this week. Driving my old 12v was getting old.
Oh, I still keep it for the heavy lifting but I am so looking forward to the creature comforts and fuel efficiency of this new one.

A few questions off the top of my head:
1) Will a semi truck fuel pump nozzle fit in my filler neck?
2) Anybody have any experience with the B&W multi-pro compatible hitches?

Looking forward to hear your experiences.

SVG

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
I finally took the plunge and put a deposit down. I'll be picking it up later this week. Driving my old 12v was getting old.
Oh, I still keep it for the heavy lifting but I am so looking forward to the creature comforts and fuel efficiency of this new one.

A few questions off the top of my head:
1) Will a semi truck fuel pump nozzle fit in my filler neck?
2) Anybody have any experience with the B&W multi-pro compatible hitches?

Looking forward to hear your experiences.

SVG
Congrats. 1. I have never had a issue at the truck pumps. 2. Didn't know what the B&W was, so I looked at a few videos. I would have to pull 3 pins to stow the B&W. Why not just pull one pin from my standard receiver and store the hitch in my cab or toolbox? Just my initial thought on the product.

Reactions: RugbyRef and SVG

·
Registered
100 Posts
...have to pull 3 pins to stow the B&W. Why not just pull one pin from my standard receiver and store the hitch ....
Exactly what I thought..

Reactions: SVG

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have seen several YouTube videos on the B&W tow and stow hitch. You can leave the hitch in the receiver and still work the multipro tailgate, however you must lower the ball to a lower setting for it to clear. The video shows if you use the 2" ball at top setting it will clear. However the 2" 5/16" ball on the top setting barley clears and recommends it being lowered to stowed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like it is well thought out. I've got a B&W turn-over ball Gooseneck hitch installed in my 12V and it works great.
So the quality of the new one is most likely very good.

As for just removing s standard hitch when you're not using it, sure I could do that. But I don't want to. With the amount of boat trailering I plan to do this summer I'm just going to leave it on. And I don't want to crush the multi-pro TG.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
177 Posts
I have the B&W hitch designed for the multi pro tailgate on my 21. I did not have it on my 20 and didn't see the sticker telling me not to use the multi pro with a normal hitch. 2nd weekend I owned the truck I put a nice dent right in the middle of the tailgate above the button to release the top section of the multi pro. It cost me $498 to get the tailgate fixed. I paid a little over $300 for my B&W. I can open the tailgate with the balls stowed or in the useable position.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the B&W hitch designed for the multi pro tailgate on my 21. I did not have it on my 20 and didn't see the sticker telling me not to use the multi pro with a normal hitch. 2nd weekend I owned the truck I put a nice dent right in the middle of the tailgate above the button to release the top section of the multi pro. It cost me $498 to get the tailgate fixed. I paid a little over $300 for my B&W. I can open the tailgate with the balls stowed or in the useable position.
Crunching your new tailgate must of been a sinking feeling. The hitch looks good. I'm going to order one here in the next few days.

Thank you for everyone's response.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Off to pick the new truck up today. Always a good feeling.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Late to the game, and you probably know already, but the highflow fuel nozzles won't fit in the 1500 capless fill pipes.

Afaik, on 2020+ HD's the 6.6 gas uses the capless and the 6.6 diesel is still using the capped design.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Late to the game, and you probably know already, but the highflow fuel nozzles won't fit in the 1500 capless fill pipes.

Afaik, on 2020+ HD's the 6.6 gas uses the capless and the 6.6 diesel is still using the capped design.
I just filled up at a truck pump today. Fit like a glove. Bulk DEF was $3.09/Gal.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. By the way, if any of you are worried about the multipro with a hitch. Someone made a cool gadget to stop it from dropping on the hitch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link @viper8315 . I think I'm just going to get the B&W compatible hitch.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I just filled up at a truck pump today. Fit like a glove. Bulk DEF was $3.09/Gal.
Did you try a high flow fuel nozzle? I thought that was what I was responding about.

I've been using the bulk def nozzles on the LML, L5P and on the LM2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you try a high flow fuel nozzle? I thought that was what I was responding about.

I've been using the bulk def nozzles on the LML, L5P and on the LM2.
It was a high flow Diesel nozzle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you like to mess with 3 clips for adjustment, B&W is the answer. Weigh safe has one key and is simple to adjust. Looks more HD as well. Clears multi pro tailgate in my application as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I went full circle in this. I reached out to Weigh Safe and they said they don't currently have a MultiPro compatible hitch but they are looking at designing one.

I was going to pull the trigger on a B&W hitch then I realized that the existing adjustable hitch I have also has the large mudflap option. This is real handy if you don't want rocks & debris bouncing off your high $$ aluminum fishing boat. I see no way to add mud flaps to a B&W.

So I decided to keep my existing hitch and just install the Tailgatefix.com automatic tailgate override switch. Ordered it today, imagine I'll have it next week.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
There ya go! I was really hoping you'd find your way there. If there's a hitch in there, there is always a chance it can hit. Congrats again on the truck and good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts