Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Hankook ATM RF10 LT265/75R16 Load E's on my 2005 2500HD CC/SB LT and towing is fairly new to me...

The bed will be empty and it will be just my wife and I (270lbs) in the truck. The travel trailer will be around 5000 empty and about 6500 loaded (yes these are rough numbers). The camper GVWR is 6505 lbs.

What tire pressure would your recommend for this load front and back for an empty and loaded Travel Trailer?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at your sidewall and see what the max tire pressure is. Take 10 lbs off the max and run that pressure continously.
Mine are Load E so the max PSI is 80. Is that 70 for both the front and back?

·
Premium Member
26,481 Posts
600 lbs of tongue weight isn't much to make a difference from normal driving to even worry about really.

·
Registered
61 Posts
when towing a heavy load i match the side wall PSI in the rear. This is the PSI that the tire needs to support the load weight listed on the tire. this is the sure and safest way. Any thing under that then you are just guessing that the PSI you picked will hold what you have. Remember if something happens state patrol will check and put this in their report. in laws eyes if the PSI on the side wall is not matched the the tire can not carry the listed load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.