Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has come! Tomorrow morning its me, a cup of coffee and a early plane ride south. I'm picking up my New (Used) 2008 Chevy 2500. I'll post some pictures and details when I get back. I've seen the truck, but are there any crucial things I should check for on the test drive? :confused:(Besides the obvious?) And also for me road trip :gearjaminhome, what should I expect for a ball park Miles per gallon? It's only got an intake and muffler delete, everything else is stock. thanks!

·
Registered
994 Posts
IDK what to look for but congrats on the new truck !!!

Where ya from man ?? And where you picking up the truck ??

BTW, my Dad's '08 LMM gets around 16 mpg on the hwy and he drives extremely easy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch, that's not what I wanted to hear, the mileage is really that bad??? I thought Chevy was always known for mileage... My Cummins got 21 MPG's, I'm kindof mad right now-
I live up in MI, headed down to Arkansas. I like them southern trucks, NO RUST!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm up above Detroit, got stationed here in the Military. I'm out now and back in school. Yeah it sounds like I'll have to do some upgrades eventually. I'm just torqed it doesn't get better mileage. Not the end of the world, but still makes me mad. Some reviews on the internet say 20+ highway for these rigs.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats man!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, MRMANNERS you mentioned synthetics and fuel additive? I get the fuel additives, are you recommending I run a synthetic oil? I've always used Rotella 15-40. Don't want to start ANOTHER oil forum but just a quick question regarding the above comment. And yeah, got to love the Dirty Clem (Mt Clemens) hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts