Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please post your pics if you have a leveling kit with 285s or 305s, preferably crew cab/short bed. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Heres mine with 285/75/16 on the stock wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, hows the ride quality and clearance?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i had a leveling kit on mine. just put the lift on. mine rides 100% smoother than the leveling kit did

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a leveling kit on mine. just put the lift on. mine rides 100% smoother than the leveling kit did
what brand of leveling kit did you have?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
ready lift. imo the keys are junk. any cranking over what the factory keys allow only a stiffer ride and cause very poor cv angles. i took them back out and lowered the truck back down a little.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mine had 285s on it before I bought it, now it has 265s. It was cranked way up with 2" torsion keys and the ride was horrid. From what I read, you need the Cognito upper control arms if you want it to right right at that height. I ended up lowering mine 10 cracks on each side and it rides nice again.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i plan on getting the whole cognito setup from UCAs, keys, shock extenders, 1" lift block for the rear and probably bilstein 5100s.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yea i plan on getting the whole cognito setup from UCAs, keys, shock extenders, 1" lift block for the rear and probably bilstein 5100s.
I am in the complete same boat as you man. I think I just want to do the level but do it all right the first time. i don't see keys being good. I remember mine with stock keys cranked it rode like hell. And I would like to know its not going to break apart with a good bump. 4" lift is another option too but way much money. Would be the right and safest way I think

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Honestly mine does not ride bad. Down the highway feels like your riding in a cadillac. the clearance is perfect. It leveled the truck out very nice. I did not have to tighten the bolts at all, just installed the keys and put the bolts back where they were at stock.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly mine does not ride bad. Down the highway feels like your riding in a cadillac. the clearance is perfect. It leveled the truck out very nice. I did not have to tighten the bolts at all, just installed the keys and put the bolts back where they were at stock.
Nice, i'll be going with the cognito kit, you think you could clear 305s? everyone has a different opinion.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Yes it has been done, really i think that the 305 are just a hair wider and not taller.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes it has been done, really i think that the 305 are just a hair wider and not taller.
Yea, thats kind of what i think, i really wanna go with the 305s, but i dont want to rub, its always tricky when your not lifting it!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Whats the odds of startng a group buy for the leveling kits ahha. Start one of those up!?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Cognito UCA Leveling Kit, 305 Firestone Destinations.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Cognito UCA Leveling Kit, 305 Firestone Destinations.
How do you feel it rides. Is it super solid and bouncy with steering when hitting bumps in the road and all? Overall happy with it? Do you have the stock keys cranked or new keys and anything with the rear?

1 - 20 of 171 Posts