Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it cleaned up and figured I'd post some pics. It is sitting a little low in the front but I am extremely happy with the outcome. I still plan on doing a 6.5" BDS lift but will wait a while on that. As far as the tires, they are big. The pics don't do it justice at all. I did Nick's small fender mod and also pulled the plastic liner back a bit with some zip ties. I only had to do it on the driver side with the zip ties. The passenger side is all clear. On the front of the liner I took out the bottom piece of rubber and attached the liner to the other plastic piece with self tapping screws. I am not rubbing anywhere except at full lock on the frame. The tires measure out to be 35.5" tall and 12.13" wide according to Nitto. They are rated for 80 psi so I have the stock pressure in them for now with no TPMS light. I may air them down some. As far as ride, it rides just like stock. The tires have a little hum to them but over all pretty quiet. I think I have covered everything but if you have any questions please ask. Also if someone wanted to do this but a little smaller tire, nitto does make the trail grappler in a 295/60 which is the same width but an inch shorter. Here's the pics:

Reactions: Duckhunter699

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
damn those are some giant tires you got there, looks good

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried cranking the stock keys but I barely had any adjustment in them. It brought it up about 1/2" so I was still 2" low in the front. So I got a pro comp leveling kit which is just keys and shock extensions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried cranking the stock keys but I barely had any adjustment in them. It brought it up about 1/2" so I was still 2" low in the front. So I got a pro comp leveling kit which is just keys and shock extensions.
Thanks- appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Nice Truck - Do you have any before pics so we could see the improvement?

·
Registered
190 Posts
sweet truck!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sick man, thanks for posting this. I've got 33" Toyo's coming tomorrow and I'm already regretting not going a little bigger after I saw some 33's on buddies F150. I think I could definitely fit the 295 60 20's on the LMM after the Toyo's wear down.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sick man, thanks for posting this. I've got 33" Toyo's coming tomorrow and I'm already regretting not going a little bigger after I saw some 33's on buddies F150. I think I could definitely fit the 295 60 20's on the LMM after the Toyo's wear down.
Yeah you could definitely fit 295/60's. They would be perfect really. Same width as mine now, just an inch shorter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
Sweet!!! Looks like i'll be getting a leveling kit soon.:thumb

·
Registered
76 Posts
So as a follow up to my first reply, and just to join you in showing off recently upgraded wheels, here's the package I just received today and bolted up. Specifics in my sig, still want go for the 295 60 20's next go around, I like how wide these Toyos are but I think I'd rather have an inch more diameter than an inch of width.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
So as a follow up to my first reply, and just to join you in showing off recently upgraded wheels, here's the package I just received today and bolted up. Specifics in my sig, still want go for the 295 60 20's next go around, I like how wide these Toyos are but I think I'd rather have an inch more diameter than an inch of width.
Do you have any rubbing issues after you did the fender mod? How do the Toyo's ride and sound going down the road?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts