Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got time to clean up truck and get the ceramic coating on that I have had for a while now. Pics are of the truck With 1 coat of ceramic coating I will be putting a second coat on tomorrow going to go a little bit thicker with it on the 2nd coat. But so far I am happy with it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pics is of the applicator cloth one is the cloth I was using it is stiff hard now and other is a new cloth how the stiff one first was before I used it so can see how it hardened up which is what does on the paint. Just letting it cure now and waiting for some sun to come out. Says tomorrow lasted afternoon sun here and Sunday so will be able to pull it out of garage and let the hot sun help cure it up. Will get some pics of the whole truck hopefully then.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You're gonna love it. I think that's one of, if not, the best investments I've made for the truck. Always looks clean and shines like crazy

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I bought a product called Torque Detail and did my truck with it 3-4 months ago. It still shines like crazy when I wash the dust off of it.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ya I just can’t believe how this stuff works and lasts. It is so cheap to 66CA funds shipped to door for a kit that is with a promo code I have PM me if any one wants it. But I have spend more on waxes and washes but I do have OCD when it comes to clean vehicles lol. I will be doing the wife’s next and hers is black so very excited to see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a few more finally nice outside was able to roll it out of the garage for some better pics this is 72hrs after coating. I am very very pleased with the mirror results so far!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been reading about ceramic coatings for several years and seen it on several of my online car care sites. I have been considering a ceramic coating but so far I've only tried Grotts Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax. I consider it to be more of a spray-on wax or detail spray. It does shine the truck up nice and the water does bead but I don't think it will last.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to remember to report back on how it is in say 6months. But I have buddy’s that have used this product and have seen if myself after a 1.5hrs and still amazing stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How difficult is it to apply, I learned how to run a buffer 40 plus years ago while working for a dealer. Now I only use a random orbital and polish and paint seal or the newer syn waxes.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly it is so so easy to apply and buff off. The most time consuming part is the prep work which really isn’t hard just time consuming(but I really enjoy going this stuff lol) you don’t use a buffer at all just a very light buff with microfibre cloth and hand. The only hard part I found was with the white truck it was hard to see the ceramic coating when I was applying it and wiping it off but other then that no issues.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the same product I used little video is actually really good and 100% true

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, sound easy enough, just work out the imperfections, clean off the old wax/sealant and apply. Thanks

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes Sir it is very easy. This is what I did
1- hand wash vehicle with dawn dish soap
2- clay bar whole vehicle
3- compound polish whole vehicle
4- wipe whole vehicle with 15% alcohol/water spray
5- apply ceramic coating one panel at a time in my area temp was low so I waited 5-6mins then lightly buff off by hand
6- apply a second ceramic coat after 10hrs of first coat was applied And DONE let it cure in my heated garage for 72hrs before rolling out of garage.

You don’t have to wait 10hrs to apply the second coat says you can apply it in 2hrs but I just saved myself something to do the next day for the morning lol.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so this is a week later I drive 6 hrs on hwy and rained all day there and back. Wished I would have got some pics of before I washed it dam. So here is pics of after a quick rinse with water everything just washed right off and water ran dam near all off. I gave it a dry and done. Done a little tire dressing too 😜 Very impressed still.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great, especially after a rainy drive and a quick rinse. I am sold on the ceramic, even the spray on that I tried. The water runs off like the truck was oil coated and cleans up easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts