Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have pictures they can share of their NBS with a canopy?
I wouldn't mind seeing what all the different models look like before I choose.

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
You mean like a tent canopy?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A fiberglass topper? Is that the right name? Lol! Don't know what its called but I'd like one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Most people just call them truck caps around where I'm from.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah a cap! There we go!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Go to any of the manufactures websites they all have pics..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leer is the only brand I know of and their pics blow.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ARE and Lund are two others to look into...I like the AREs myself but they are pricey.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Leer, A.R.E., Century, Jeraco... (I'm in the cap business lol)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice I got the right guy then! Which ones do you recommend? I'm interested in something cab high with a sleek design that I can possibly put a rack on the top of. I need slider windows too so the dog can breathe.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ARE and Lund are two others to look into...I like the AREs myself but they are pricey.
thanks going to take a look now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well I sell Leers so I'm biased but its a real good product. Look into 100 series caps for cab height, 100r is basic and 100xl is sweet looking with nice tinted windows and all. You can get a slider on any model as well as a rack or what ever else you want on it. If not leer than ARE would be my next choice

·
Registered
770 Posts
Here's my 2011 with a LEER 100XL. I've included a second pic, showing a kayak on my Yakima rack. For what it's worth, I've had A.R.E's on my previous trucks, and while they're nice, they don't do anything more than the LEER, which is quite a bit less money. Also, the IMHO the LEER looks better, since it doesn't have the funky trim piece along the bottom edge.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks great thanks alot for the pics. Not only is it easier for me to get the Leer top around here less expensive is good too! I'll be getting one here soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts