Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an Autometer three-guage pillar pod with Isspro gauges and just wondered if anyone can tell me the best way to route the wiring and pressure line through the existing pillar, since the Autometer is designed to go on top of the original pillar. Do I have to drill a hole in the factory pillar to snake the wires through? Any ideas welcome.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
If you run them down the pillar you can kinda tuck them in through the seem where the pillar and dash meet. Then take off the little cover for the fuse panel and you can fish them through right there and tie in to your hot and ground then run the lines under the dash and out through the fire wall. Hope this makes sense and thats just how i did mine Im sure there are different ways I just didnt want to put a hole in the factory pillar in case they ever come out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i drilled hles in the piller to run the wires threw

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I cut a little notch out at the bottom of my factory pillar for all the wires to run though. Keeps them in a nice tight loom that way instead of wires running everywhere....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ally Cat.... I am currently installing a triple gauge pillar autometer setup as well. I didnt want to drill holes in the factory pillar but i did and found that was the best way for me. i drilled three holes one behind each gauge hole. I find it is easier to move the wires up or down if needed to adjust slack for it is the right above the fuse box as opposed to stretchin it to slip by the dash were they will get pinched and rub. From the fuse box they go straight through to the fire wall and into the engine compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts