Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am pretty protective over my stuff. MOST OF ALL MY DURAMAX! So my dad (Ford window licker) had to go to Carlisle PA for the classic car swap meat with his buddys. Sure enough his clapped out ford isn't back from the body shop (F-150) so guess who's truck he needs to take so he can have room for all these parts and wheels he plans on getting. MINE. He's a partier who isn't but he knows how I am with my stuff. I left him with a pretty mild tune on my DSP5 cause I figured he would be good with some fuel mileage as well as he has no trailer so can't really hurt it. Let me just have you read WORD FOR WORD what I have been getting text wise from him and his buddys and tell me how you might feel:

Dad - We just drag raced a kid in a dodge diesel with a single stack he had motor on us

Me- Well I am holdin some HP back from ya cause of that reason haha

Me- Way to let down my Chevy community. Fu**in Ford drivers.

DAD- A dodge beat us he has more smoke coin out of the stacks then us

Me- O jesus. Novice. Smoke is unburnt fuel. Typical dodge can't drink what it orders at the bar. Go easy on the truck would ya. Parts list will be on ur bill if you smoke my tranny fu**in around.

Dad- How do you turn the boost up

Me- The same way I can go zip tie the throttle of your knucklehead wide open and go right back home.

Dad- It has no rev limiter

Me- Good. Should melt real quick than

Dad- Its like an air compressor it wont blow

Me- Well I know damn well it won't like the lake while she's WOT. Easy on my truck

Dad- Just tryin to hang with the comp

Me- Go build your own smoke throwin dodge

:blowup

·
Registered
19 Posts
that is f**kin awesome

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Haha typical convo with my dad. Nothing crazy. He's prolly just all hammered up with buddys bull shittin about the race and he's loving gettin me all steamed up. He loves to just poke an open woond

Also to add the knucklehead is his Harley he built. 1936 Knuck that is pretty sick but that is his baby. He has no soft spots for anything except that bike. Over myself or sister you name it. Her it is:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Haha!! Thats funny because my dad drove my truck to get some stuff the other day and texted me saying he just let a ford have it on the high way, he said that little punk screwed with the wrong old man!! I dont know which one cought me off gaurd more my dad raceing my truck or texting

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea finally got a few more messages that Im like man you better be kiddin at this point or hammered drunk and really having fun.. Sure enough he's down there with my buddy who I also work with. He was having all the fun. I did ask if the dodge thing is real. I am curious. However im sure if he did try he probably sucked for the start and didn't build any boost and he also doesn't have much power. I know ahead of time and you better believe I didnt tell him what that black knob is on the dash. ANd deff not to turn it. Less he knows the better.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But so you all know he is no squid. He's a racer. he knows what to do but yea all that was a joke. Just waiting to know if the dodge was or not. Can't have some dodge guy out there building his ego haha

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
he's with your buddy , who knows about the dps switch and they got smoked buy a dodge. I think its been turn up to the max and they're racing any and everything !did you measure the tire tread before he left ? Im betting theres a few 32's missing when he gets home.lol. cuase I know thats what my dad would do ..

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
he's with your buddy , who knows about the dps switch and they got smoked buy a dodge. I think its been turn up to the max and they're racing any and everything !did you measure the tire tread before he left ? Im betting theres a few 32's missing when he gets home.lol. cuase I know thats what my dad would do ..
:rof:rof:rof:rof

It is just a damn truck, tell him to crank it up and giver her hell:rockin

I let everyone who I know borrow mine, cause:

#1 They can not drive it any harder than I do "and I know some try":D
#2 If it broke on them, it would have broke on me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts