Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LMM Duramax with allison, only getting 11 mpg running back and forth to work. Looking at duramileage ECM but need some suggestions. I know this truck can get better than this. Any suggestions or comments would be great!!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
if your not worried about the junk gm warrenty then junk the dpf and get efi live and you should be able to make 17 to 20 on open roads.welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it seems like the dpf is just a hp and mileage robber. get rid of that and your golden. plenty of dpf delete kits out there

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
I have a dually and my mileage is better than that even towing!!!!

Welcome to the Forum!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yea get rid of that my step dad is getting 8 mpg on his new ford with it...he just ordered the delete kit

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
do you mean efi well efi live is a programmer and dpf just lookunder the truck the big muffler looking thig with wires going into it get rid of it

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
you need to get a new exhaust... straight pipe it
say bye bye to dpf, cat and muffler
then get a programar such as ppe or edge evo

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
you need to get a new exhaust... straight pipe it
say bye bye to dpf, cat and muffler
then get a programar such as ppe or edge evo
Now, Now Jake that is not LEGAL!!!:D

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes ditch the dpf get an aftermarket straight or performance exhaust for an 02 and a chip with regeneration turn off and say hello to improve mileage and performance i deal with alot of dpf problems that go threw my shop daily i currentlly have a guys 08 powerstroke at my shop right now waiting for his exhaust to get in cause his truck wont truck dpf is clogged he stays with problems

·
Registered
552 Posts
Uncle's nbs lmm gets 20+mpg he has edge evo and mbrp 4in with dpf delete

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Man I miss my 02 duramax... so here is my question. I have a 08 LMM I bought an afe intake and edge evolution. I am ordering an mbrp 4 inch dpf delete. Is there any options other than buying a new programmer that will keep my truck from throwing dpf codes?

·
Registered
552 Posts
If u push it
it will get really good mpg in fuel
but bad mpg of beer

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Duramileage...:banghead

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
yeah duramileage isnt worth the money, if all your looking for is mileage, the vendors have dpf delete kits available, give one of them a shout and they will set you up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts