Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I was driving around with my 18 year old son in the truck. Someone cut us off and I hit the horn and he doubled over laughing.

Do all stock horns sound this weak? My wifes Scion has a better horn than this thing.

I don't want to wire in an air compressor and install a train horn, but I need more than what this thing has to offer.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
IDK, horn on my 2012 sounds comparable to every other truck I have had prior. And I do use it a lot... LOL

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I always wondered of there was a way to wire in another horn with a deeper tone on the same circuit, the stock horn is high enough pitch that it could work just right, but what model to get a horn from is the question

·
Registered
149 Posts
That was the first mod I did to my truck added 2 compressors a 5 gallon tanks and 2 sets of Nathan K3LA's. Comes in very handy!!!

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
A few days ago I was driving around with my 18 year old son in the truck. Someone cut us off and I hit the horn and he doubled over laughing.

Do all stock horns sound this weak? My wifes Scion has a better horn than this thing.

I don't want to wire in an air compressor and install a train horn, but I need more than what this thing has to offer.
Maybe your horn is defective. Let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts