Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 06 chevrolet 2500hd crewcab aligned at one of those (fast tire shops) and they said i need a new pitman arm and idle arm. i havenever noticed any pulling of my truck it rides smooth to me and i had it aligned only cause i bought new tires. can someone tell me how to check this so i can see if they are telling me the truth or if they are trying to get me:help

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If you do not have the cognito pitman and idler braces Chances are you need new ones... Jack one tire off the ground and move it back and forth... If that tire moves at all while the one on the ground doesn't that means there shot.... Get the braces they should have come stock on these trucks but o well

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed. We tend to aggrivate things as well lol.

How much slop do you have in the steering wheel? It's also an indicator, however not as good as the previously mentioned task

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re

also my truck is 4wd and just turned 60000 miles and has never been off road. if they are worn what caused this and how do i prevent it?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
they are a very poor design from GM. Cognito makes a brace kit that will help extend the life of them quite a bit. Look at dmaxstore for their front end upgrade packages with the moog components and braces. Lifetime warranty on the moog parts and you get the braces. :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts