Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here and have an 05 LLY CCSB. I just had new tires put on and was going to get a wheel alignment but my pitman arm and idler are bad as well as 1 inner tie rod. Just looking for some suggestions on good replacement parts (possibly lifetime warranty stuff). And if it makes any difference I have edge juice w/ att and banks ram air and exhaust and would like to build my tranny in the spring to put down some more power.

Thanks in advance, Wheezy

·
Registered
327 Posts
Cognito makes good stuff. Look up Nor-Cal truck, they're a sponsor on here. They have different packages for front end parts. When I build my front end this winter, thats the route im gonna go. Except i think im gonna go with the Kryptonite HD series tie rods.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
If you need to replace a tie rod. And you like to haul ass, I suggest getting a set of HD tie rods. There is several brands out there to choose from. And I just had a OEM pit and idler arm put on my truck a few weeks ago. I'm sure there is better aftermarket options. I'm not too savvy with 4x4 front end stuff. I'm two wheel drive lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys! Still not sure what I'm going to do though. Also just wondering what kind of time I would need if I wanted to do the work myself?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same thing happend to me a few months back. I when with the Dmaxstore.com. Check out their steering packages.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
MOOG stuff is good just replace the tie rod with regular parts and buy a cheap set of sleeves instead of HD tie rods just my .02...spend the money saved on cognito support brackets to let the parts live longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts