Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pitman & Idler off 5/8” at Centerlink Connections - Chevy Dealer says working Toleran

When installing my Fabtech heavy duty tie rods I noticed the center link did not look or feel level from the pitman arm to the idler arm. So I popped the pitman and idler centerlink connections and checked with my 2 ft carpenter level. Off by 5/8 of an inch from pitman arm to idler arm centerlink connections. This equates to my tie rod angles being 3 degrees different and 1/2 inch longer side to side. The pitman arm is further toward the power steering module / engine bay than the idler arm. I stopped by the dealership and checked a 2019 still on the lot and it seems my pitman is significantly closer to the power steering module than the truck on the lot. I then went and asked the morons in the service department if my centerlink setting was normal. Sorry for the “morons” comment but I got their normal reply “this is normal”. The steering gear box is held by three bolts and I do not see any adjustability. Is there a way to adjust the steering gear box mounting angle to make it more level with the idler arm? Appreciate any “cordial” responses or advice on this topic of discussion.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts