Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my oem steering parts this past weekend with Moog parts. Had a lot of wear is the reason for the repair. I'm pleased with everything except its now leaking fluid at the bottom of the steering gear. I used a die grinder to make a cut in pitman arm and then had to hit it hard a few times with hammer to get it off. Not sure if i bent shaft or just messed up the seal. Has anyone had this happen and what is your thoughts on fixing the leak. Is it tough to replace the pitman shaft seal? I don't want to buy steering gear unless i have to. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll be waiting for responses to this post as well, as I have the same (leaking) problem, tho mine is just wear. btw, the expensive Lucas Oil p/s fluid with stop leak doesn't. I'll be doing the "money-back guarantee" thing as soon as I can locate that receipt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.