Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess I should ask the experts on how to build my truck.

goal i to keep it reliable yet still hit the strip now and then.

Don't want to change the factory charger or the injectors. just basically run a good tune and a built tranny. :gearjamin

plans to go faster than 13.99 :D

you have to forgive my ignorance as I have gone from.

a 6.0 powerstroke to a 7.3 powerstroke. to a 12 valve cummins to this truck.

my truck is a 2003 Lb7 with allison transmission and 4x4.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Your gonna like the Dmax alot better then. Your definitely gonna need to build a tranny

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
built tranny and efilive...then any mods to support your fuel needs

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
with built tranny, exhaust, efi, lift pump, tie rod sleeves, and gauges you can run high 12's
Thats about all you NEED to run in the 12's. Forget 13.99!! You'll be WAY past that!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
trans,good efi tune,lift pump,gauges,tie rod sleeves and you be good that should put you in the high 12s

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
I can only 2nd what everyone else has said... not hard to get a lot of dependable power out of an LB7.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Check the mods in my sig, I drive it everyday, plow snow, I have driven all over the country with no issues.

17 mpg in town
23 mpg on the highway
12.72 @ 104.7

Your gonna love your new truck!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have an 03 with bolt on stuff and built trans and run con. 13.3

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I hear you should be studded around 40psi... and if your stock charger makes over 32 consider it gone, if you decided to go twins you could get away without headstuds probably since they run cooler than a large single and then your cylinder pressure doesnt play as big of a role since its cooler than it would be with a large single

·
1,776 Posts
I was told by one of the competitive drag racers on here that you don't need head studs until you're nearing the 60psi mark....

·
1,776 Posts
I was told by one of the competitive drag racers on here that you don't need head studs until you're nearing the 60psi mark....
I meant 50psi.... my bad. LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.