Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored today before the rece so I went and grabbed a few cans of plasti-dip to do the grill. Here are some before and after pictures.

Now I can not wait till warmer weather to do the bumper, wheeels nd step bars!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
How many cans it take to do the grill?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How many cans it take to do the grill?
Took me a whole can to do mine. Takes alot to get good coverage on the mesh part of the grill.

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost one can for me! And to be honest I think I need one more coat. Did it in poor lighting and noticed a few light spots. Nobody else would probably notice, but I do.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
just as an fyi to those useing plasti-dip, i did my front bumper a few months ago and im peeling it back off to re do it, well all i can say is spray the chit out of it! where i got it a little this is becomeing a PITA to get back off! also im doin my grill as well today :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this as i have the same grill on my truck. Did you remove the grill from the truck? Or just mask it off?

Cheers, Monk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this as i have the same grill on my truck. Did you remove the grill from the truck? Or just mask it off?

Cheers, Monk.

Remove it, it's way easier. Takes 5 minutes to take it off.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
just clean it well then spray?

·
Registered
16 Posts
^^Yep, I washed mine with some dish soap let it dry next to the wood stove then wiped it down with some rubbing alcohol. Thats all you need.

·
Registered
420 Posts
With plastidip the more the better. You can lay it on in thicker coats then regular paint after the first tach layer is applied as well.

Op. I would remove the plastidip on the peieces between the upper and lower light. But thats just me :)

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With plastidip the more the better. You can lay it on in thicker coats then regular paint after the first tach layer is applied as well.

Op. I would remove the plastidip on the peieces between the upper and lower light. But thats just me :)
I was thinking the same thing!!!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Looks good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts