Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my plastic door moldings on my 06 are faded and discolored and look like crap! What's would you guys do? Is there a wax or like plastic polish I could put on to get the color back or just take them off. I would like to just take them off but not sure how to go about that either! Thanks In advance!

2006 LBZ 4 door shortbed
5" MBRP SP
S&B CIA

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
303® Aerospace Protectant
restores the plastic color and protects against UV, inside/outside.

A little bit goes a LONG way...bottle lasts forever it seems. It's not a spray/wipe on and leave it,
you must do a followup rub/buff with a cotton cloth afterward. It'll leave a matte finish that's not slick. Use on the bumper caps, then step up and use. No foot slippage.

Excellent for anything rubber too, not just plastics. So apply to all of your door gaskets, along with the full window wrap trim too.

Before

After

Good for the bed rails too and it's what 'Roll-N-Lock' recommends for their bed covers.

·
Registered
807 Posts
^^^Hook'Em, I am going to get some of that stuff. I have never tried plastic restorer, but those pics have me wanting to try.

Hey guys my plastic door moldings on my 06 are faded and discolored and look like crap! What's would you guys do? Is there a wax or like plastic polish I could put on to get the color back or just take them off. I would like to just take them off but not sure how to go about that either! Thanks In advance!

2006 LBZ 4 door shortbed
5" MBRP SP
S&B CIA

Cam, I would just yank em. I used heat to loosen them, then just yanked them. I followed up with a 3M eraser wheel on a CORDED drill. Just be careful to lay into it to hard.

I am guessing there will be a DIY de-mold thread. I will see if I can find a link in a minute.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll try and post a pic of the befor and after when I get around to it but for some reason i tired downloading a pic earlier for my profile pic and it said error blah blah so it wouldn't let me idk but thanks for the help guys!

2006 LBZ 4 door shortbed
5" MBRP SP
S&B CIA

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Any of those plastic trim restores work, to get it black again. Turtle Wax, Mothers, Meguiar's, etc. Even cheap Armor All Original would work. Take your pick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Car Vehicle Pickup truck
Car Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hey guys sorry never got around to post pics of what I ended up doing with the door moldings so here it is! I'm happy with the way it turned out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Automotive tire Pickup truck Car Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Car

These pics are more clear!

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Looks good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.