Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was undoing my arp studs to redo headgaskets(I put them backwards, left on right, right on left) and I got lazy and kept a couple of injectors in and I ended up hitting a injector and breaking the plastic divider between the terminals on the injector and was wondering if it’s gonna be ok to run, or if I should just replace it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
A simple fix

If the connections are properly torqued, they should not move during operation, but to be extra safe, you could find a piece of plastic with a 90* bend, drill a stud sized hole in the bottom leg and slip it over one of the terminals. Put the piece of plastic on first, then the original nut followed by the connector lug and finally a second nut to sandwich the lug. The nuts above and below the lug should provide a secure, low resistance connection. As I recall, there are also star washers involved? Use them too, of course.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,031 Posts
As long as the injector wires aren't touching and have a decent gap between them once they are torqued down, you should be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts