Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 03 2500HD I have the bose sound with the 6 disc CD changer. I have seen a way to make the ipod work with the XM radio, but I do not have XM on mine. I do have a auxuillay button but it does nothing at all. Is there a way to hook up an ipod to the radios without XM? Any info will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
USA Spec controller. Google it. Works great and plugs right in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not that i Know of. i went to my local sound shop and they said that i couldnt put in an auxilary plug b/c that radio is the same one they use for the rear dvd systems and thats what the auxilary is for. I bought a new headunit. a nice Kenwood. But i had to get seperate parts for stearing wheel control and a special adaptor for the Bose. And FYI my Kenwood is a lot more powerful than the stock and has bass boost. So watch out if you go aftermarket cause ive blown two of my speakers after turning it up to loud with max bass

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
the dvd thing only works if you have the dvd

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have isimple IPod adapter, works awesome and you can use you steering wheel controls. It also charges your iPhone and I just stream pandora and carry no CDs. I have my cable coming up thrugh the glove Box where I leave the iPod in and no one can see it and you just use your controls.

·
Registered
79 Posts
PAL-Personal Audio Link. Available at the dealer. Cable comes through the glove box like Dedmax said. Doesn't work as slick as it could in my opinion, but its concealed and gives you a clean look instead of having wires running all over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts