Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not the place but im stuck in a hotel for a week so i bring my play station for passing Time. But unfortunatly i cant log on thé PSN via thé hotel wireless. The hotel had an username and a password for Internet connection

My iPhone connect succesfullyp

anyone know how

·
Registered
148 Posts
It can be done. Tether your phone to a laptop first.

Somewhere in your internet connection settings you should be able to "link" two of your adapters together (USB-iPhone to ethernet hardware) and then run an ethernet cable from a laptop to your PS3.

I haven't done it in forever so I don't really remember how, and I haven't done it since Windows Vista so I don't know for sure that it can be done in Windows 7. It's primarily used to pick up a wireless signal (via wireless network adapter), and then transfer the signal down an ethernet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with your iPhone.

Do some Google searching and you should be able to find a guide to setting it up pretty quick.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its my PS3 not my iPhone Thats was not able to connect to the hôtel connection

On thé iPhone i enter the username. And the password on the first of the browser

But on thé PS3 cant connect

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I doubt your PS3 will ever connect to the hotel internet. They keep the wireless settings super strict with a closed NAT, etc. Your PS3 needs open ports and such to be able to connect to PSN.

What you need to do if you want to play your PS3 online, is tether you iPhone (so it's providing the connection), hook it to your PC and then connect to your PS3 that way.

Tutorial: How to Tether on an iPhone 3G or 3GS running OS 3.1.2

Hope that helps.
Let me know what OS you have on your PC and I'll see if I can find a guide to tie it into your PS3 also.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
or go ask them for the password

·
Registered
148 Posts
Too bad. Dont have pc with me

If you have your USB cable on you, you could try to tether the phone and then plug it directly into your PS3 :confused: I don't know, it might work. I use a BlackBerry so I don't know so much about the iPhone. But I guess it's worth a try if you feel like doing it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
or go ask them for the password
I think he has the password, his PS3 just won't connect.

You could try asking the Hotel if they can help you get it working. If they have one of their tech guys there I guarantee he could get it set up. But it just depends on the Hotel. Anytime I've tried that I usually get "Our Hotel doesn't approve of online gaming through our internet" spiel. They're scared you'll murder their bandwidth playing KZ all night :rof

·
Registered
148 Posts
You might try signing up with an iPhone and/or PS3 forum and ask some questions there. Probably a few people way more knowledgeable than me might know some tricks to get it working for you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts