Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD, full delete, Airdog 165, 5” straight pipe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just found out literally everyone stopped making tuning for the egr and dpf delete. I’m sickened as I was a phone call away from ordering all my parts. I’ve called multiple places and everyone says they’re done. I was wondering if anyone knows maybe a small town kind of tuning shop that can do custom tunes. I’m not looking to roll coal. But I really wanted all that garbage off to make a 200 horse tune. Thorobred diesel told me I can buy a blank ez lynk and have tunes put on it but I don’t have anyone here in the backwoods of Pennsylvania. Any advice would be appreciated fellas. Thanks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hey guys. I just found out literally everyone stopped making tuning for the egr and dpf delete. I’m sickened as I was a phone call away from ordering all my parts. I’ve called multiple places and everyone says they’re done. I was wondering if anyone knows maybe a small town kind of tuning shop that can do custom tunes. I’m not looking to roll coal. But I really wanted all that garbage off to make a 200 horse tune. Thorobred diesel told me I can buy a blank ez lynk and have tunes put on it but I don’t have anyone here in the backwoods of Pennsylvania. Any advice would be appreciated fellas. Thanks
Hint Hint... The US isn't the only country to tune diesel trucks marx. Once again google can do wonders for the soul

·
Registered
4,958 Posts

Can i make a suggestion?

a 200 HP tune is not wise unless you have either built the transmission, or are looking for an excuse to do so. There is also some evidence that higher power tunes and LML pistons dont always play nice, but the transmission is really the limiting factor at that power level.

To add to that, in order to make 200HP over stock, with stock hardware you need to add more fuel, fuel is heat, heat is melted pistons. Its easier to add fuel, but its safer to add air and supporting mods to get that power. if a ~600 HP truck is your goal you may want to consider doing supporting mods like a turbo to get the power without the EGT's. high flow intake and exhaust wont hurt you either, but i would not personally recommend relying on a truck that is running that hot of a tune long term unless its been upgraded to do so reliably.

Lastly a shout out to our southern (for me) friends who keep our pancakes topped and our trucks fast. >:)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
::stands tall and proud and sings "Oh Canada!":: Well I have *some* Canadian blood in me and am proud of it. I love my cousins to the north. :drink[1]:

·
Registered
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD, full delete, Airdog 165, 5” straight pipe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so maybe not a 200 horse tune. I just know that ppei has one and it required a lift pump which I was willing to get. Regardless of anything I was looking for a solution for the egr and dpf mostly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.