Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I can't seem to figure out what the hell I want. I want the truck to stay strong and well, like a truck. But also want to enjoy the power and all i have which is CV angles low for launches and all. I will be honest as fun as that is i don't enjoy makin gmy truck a 10 second truck so really since i've had this truck like it is i've done 1 launch and yes was awsome, but just felt so bad at the same time on a $50K truck. I drive daily and do put a good bit of miles on. I have 37K almost and had the truck just over a year now. Some highway, I tow really rarely and its not much more than 6K ever ever. I do plow but working on finding another truck to take some wear off mine which would help but still want the plow to mount up (8' S/S Fisher straight).

Option 1 (starting to not sound like what I want)
lowering it all. Perhaps drop shackles and keeping keys at stock height. Although fun and faster and still factory ride - its not really a truck. I live in NY and wouldn't hurt to be able to be offroad and still strong and far from ground. I have horrible roads and tow. So then all my trailers are low and have to set hitches high all that crap.

Option 2
Leveling, I would like to just put a strong leveling kit on (cognito of course) and perhaps a small leveling block in the rear. I like the factory rake or at least some extra height in rear so when I tow it isn't super sagging. So 1.5 or so inch block in rear. I would love to just have a 285 or so tire in it so she looks halfway beefie like a truck.

Option 3 (after long thoughts)
Lift. 4-6" Cognito or whatever is best recommended. I would honestly keep it at 4. I like that height, its not over kill. Still smooth for Daily driver and easy to get in and out. I had a jacked up ford last time and it got old. I do like the look of a chevy a tad higher and better wide tires. I don't want 37's but would be totally happy with a wider 33" tire on 18's. Beefier and truck style. Wouldn't have to worry about crap. Its up a big yet not a problem if I need to drive threw a muddy field or whatever the hell I run into. Its a truck, not a cadillac. Now although sick looking and more than I can want, how well does that want to plow. I know it puts the CV angles to where they should be over a cranked leveling kit. Although UCA's help they don't change the CV angles. Also keeping the rear up a tad will help keep that rake I like and make it ok level with towing.

Someone god help me and if I am actually goin tot get new wheels I want them to be for the long term (rim at least) and tire to fit whatever I do next. I can also keep it as she is cause its keeping me happy. And perhaps just get new wheels I want that stick out a tad more than the H2's cause there nice winter wheels but not that awsome. Also get a nice A/T for all season and keep the H2's for winter plower.

Help.
Jim

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got my 4-6" lift set at 4" right now and it has a slight rake to it, you can definitely see it when it is on level ground, and I'm running 33's on 18's. Let me know if you want me to get some pics for you and I can.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please that would be awsome to get some pics of a finished one. And if you can PM me and perhaps give me all instide and out what you think of it and how you like it. Also what you do with the truck day to day. Thanks man

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
i say level it :drink

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir. Sure is cheaper.

If leveled do I go all out with the uca kit or what. Just do the keys. I would like to know it's done right and then blocks in the rear

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Option #2 please.
Thank you sir as well

you happy with tours. Rides as you want. I figured no keys just as they say. How bad is the cv angles. Either way 285/65-18's is really all I want. On a nicer offset wheel. Did u do anything in the rear and would you say it would be to much or no

·
Registered
480 Posts
So far pretty happy.:) Ride did stiffen up a bit but i dont have that many miles on the level and it seems to be getting a little better. I ended up putting keys in it b/c the factory ones were maxxed out and still not level enough for me. Cv angles dont seem too bad to me but i dont race or pull.(yet lol). I didnt do anything in the rear b/c i do tow from time to time and the old mans stock trailer is close enough to the box for me. With the 285/75/17 i did have to trim a hair bit in the front behind the wheel since i was rubbing a little but it aint noticeable unless ur looking for it.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump up for the morning. Leaning towards a good solid leveling kit. Any feedback please. Good bads. With it on UCAs and all can I squeez a 33 in or something close? And would it be right with a small block in the rear or to much in the rear. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts