Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and thanks for the help

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD classic SLE with a LBZ Duramax.

I haul lumber for a local lumber yard for a living hauling between 7000lbs. and 17000lbs. All day Seven days a week so every penny i can save helps.

So far i have a Bank Six Gun tuner with the IQ screen, Banks Monster 4" exhaust, Banks air box with the Super Scoop, and Banks Techni-cooler inter-cooler.

This has given me 2-3 more MPG than stock. But what can i do to get more? I was looking at a Bank Turbocharger down pipe, and Banks Big Head waste gate valve. But i don't believe they sell them for my truck. From what i understand this truck has a variable turbo and thats why.

Also i was looking at the Banks Brake, and PowerStop® - 1-Click Extreme Truck and Tow Brake Kit, And/or maybe a torque converter if i can't find a way to get more MPG.

As you can see i have gone with Banks so far but I'm not going to say thats all I'll use, from what i understand they are the leader in diesel performance. I was not at all pleased with their costumer service. I called to ask if i should get the Six Gun or the Ottomind Six tuner but since i wasn't buying directly from them they basically told me to get bent.

Any and all info is definitely appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the forum.pretty much everyone here is gonna tell you to get efi live tuning software. A other thing that you might want to look at is an egr delete. Kit. Others will also chime in with more idea sWhat are you getting mpg wise?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
HAHAHAHA banks is the leader in the diesel industry. So funny. Maybe in 2003. Ditch the tuner and get EFI live and enjoy a towing tune with turbo brake. You will instantly notice a better running truck that shifts smoother, is better on gas, quieter, and more enjoyable than anything banks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much.

Right now I am getting on average between 11.5 MPG and 15 MPG depending, in town loaded in the winter I will get as low as 8.5-10.5 MPG, and 15 MPG is usually longer (100 mile) trips empty.

My uncle has a stock 2004 1-ton dually Duramax and he gets over 20 MPG on a good day. I'm almost wondering if I should sell my current truck and get an older one before the emissions got so bad. Do you think it would be cheaper?

Also i seen DPF delete tuners and the state I'm in doesn't have emissions tests would that be something to look into?

Any specific EGR delete or EFI live tuner better than the others?

Lastly would the Banks Speedbrake work with the EFI or does it kind of do the same thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually with the Banks Monster 4" exhaust it is quiet, there is no drone at all you hear the engine over the exhaust

Also how are the safe guards on EFI Live they were part of the reason i went with Banks for my first tuner.

Any thoughts on the Banks intake manifolds?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
You would benefit from reading more on this forum and others.

Your mileage is not bad at all for what you're towing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts