Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel has the buttons on it to look at the fuel milage and radio controls and stuff, first question my reset button "the little arrow" only works about 10% of the time and it really pisses me off. second question is some of the lights dont work to light them up. PLEASE HELP thanks alot

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the same issue with the lights but mine work ok as far as controls. You can replace the LEDs. Do a search on here for LED dash lights and you will find threads on it. As far as the switch itself, I would check with the dealer for a part number and cost and bounce it off GMdirectparts.com and probably get it there for half the cost. Then you should just have to disassemble your steering wheel column and replace the switch. Never done it and it may be a pain in the @ss. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just have to pull the air bag off the steering wheel,remove the steering wheel and take the covers off the back side of the wheel,then pop the switches out,replace and re assemble

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just have to pull the air bag off the steering wheel,remove the steering wheel and take the covers off the back side of the wheel,then pop the switches out,replace and re assemble
Ya.......how much time though? All you got to do to pull an engine out is unhook the wires, unbolt the engine, and take your hood off.....

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Ya.......how much time though? All you got to do to pull an engine out is unhook the wires, unbolt the engine, and take your hood off.....
:confused: I don't think pullin a steering wheel off and pullin an engine are even close to comparable LOL... Either way its gotta be done if he wants it fixed, i have never done it but i doubt it would take that long.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I dont have em....but I would prob never change em if the lights went out...something about messing with airbags makes me nervous.

Just would suck if I went to unplug it and it went off in my face....the airbag that is..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well GM warranty time is under a hour for the job lol, so for a newbie probly take a hour or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts