Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home coming down a street with stop and go traffic, when I noticed the gauge was almost in the red. The message showing was telling me the fluid was hot then the bell started ringing. The the message was saying to let the truck idle. I made it to the house and it's been idling for 20 mins or so and the temp has dropped. I'm keeping my eyes on it but trying to figure out why this is happening. I wasn't pulling a trailer and nothing hevy in the bed. Anything anybody??? I'm wondering if it will be ok to drive to work tomorrow or to take it to the shop? I'm unable to contact my people Relentless right now to see what they think so any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This happened to my ats once. Hasnt done it since about six months ago. I have no idea y it happened

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
It could be a bad converter or a plugged cooler.

If you pull the top oil cooler pipe at the trans, attach a hose- start the engine and check for flow- of course you can only run this for a few seconds.

If the flow is low, you might have trash in the radiator cooler-- the fluid goes there first. If the flow is OK, then I would blame the converter.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Also another thing i looked at was my trans line might have got pinched off by radiator hose

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
That could cause low flow, and may contribute to overheating.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just pulled the top line and the flow was good! So you think converter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts