Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new this seemed like the best place to post as I've been tackling it for months. I'll try to keep it short
Bassicly trucks at 620xxxkm shes beat the fans owned it since 05 n I'm trying to do it cheapest way possible

Bought "new" trans (330xxx) , just did trans, still in limp...I RODE IN THE TRUCK I GOT THE TRANS FROM DAYS BEFORE IT WAS PARTEDN IT WAS MINT(sat for while before installed though, IM STUMPED!!

Had diagnostic from a buddy P0872 truck had that code before If I remeber correctly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine's not an 03, it's an 04.5, but I had the limp mode problem last year and it drove me nuts. Ended up being the injector control wires number 1 and 7. I found out that, for this year at least, the design engineers did something really dumb. The wires that lead to the injector fittings are put in a bind by having to turn back on themselves (instead of installing a 90 degree or 'u turn' type fitting) which causes a break in the conductor. The computer senses there is an injector or two not working, so it throws the truck into safe driving mode, which keeps the rpm's down and causes (my truck, anyway) to top out at 15mph. After I changed those two fittings, which are pretty cheap and not at all hard to install, the truck runs great. This may not be your problem, but it was what caused mine to go into limp mode, and I couldn't figure it out at all- till I got on this site and checked out a few youtube videos where all the guys had the same problem. Good luck with it. Unless your solenoids in the tranny are going out, I don't see how that could be the cause of your problem though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's not an 03, it's an 04.5, but I had the limp mode problem last year and it drove me nuts. Ended up being the injector control wires number 1 and 7. I found out that, for this year at least, the design engineers did something really dumb. The wires that lead to the injector fittings are put in a bind by having to turn back on themselves (instead of installing a 90 degree or 'u turn' type fitting) which causes a break in the conductor. The computer senses there is an injector or two not working, so it throws the truck into safe driving mode, which keeps the rpm's down and causes (my truck, anyway) to top out at 15mph. After I changed those two fittings, which are pretty cheap and not at all hard to install, the truck runs great. This may not be your problem, but it was what caused mine to go into limp mode, and I couldn't figure it out at all- till I got on this site and checked out a few youtube videos where all the guys had the same problem. Good luck with it. Unless your solenoids in the tranny are going out, I don't see how that could be the cause of your problem though.
Thank you for the help so much has happend with it theres a few few things wrong with the old girl but it runs very well all it needs is lol all 8 glow plugs possibly the module and a fuel pressure regulator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts