Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a duramax, 06 LBZ, and he told me that he had installed this power pup programmer on it already. The top speed limiter wasn't off and I didn't know the setting so i tried to hook it back up. i pulled the fuses and went by the book but after turning on the key it said "unknown part number 0tc06d36 and 08 c06d3e contact bullydog" it won't let me go past that screen, i have to turn it off and unplug it. Any answers??:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
follow the directions on the screen contact bully dog don't be embaresed to call the techline they probably get hundreds of phone calls on the same issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that first unknown part number should have been 07 c06d36 thanks for the suggestions, i was just wondering if anyone had ran into this before with maybe a quick fix haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes mine is doing the same thing - I uninstalled the programmer before I brought it in to be serviced (under warranty - I was told the pup would void your warranty) When I got it back I get the same codes you mention in your post. I haven't taken the time to call them and resolve it- I will post when I find out something. Denise

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have run into the same problem with triple dog downloaders. I have unplugged the down loader waited an hour or so and have tried it again and it works to pull hte program out. so give it a try ive done it about 10 times this way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We found out the cigarette fuse was blown which apparently is connected to the power pups ability to install. Changed the fuse and will try to reinstall this afternoon. I'll let ya know. Denise

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the cigarette lighter fuse is connected with the OB2 Port so if it's blown you can't connect with the ECM..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. i called bullydog and he actually connected to my computer and i'm not sure what he did exactly but he fixed it with a code number on my downloader. He actually controlled my mouse over the internet and fixed it online :confused: i didn't ask how he did it, i was just happy it worked:gearjamin Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts