Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! I have a 03 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500 that won't start. A so called friend put dirty Diesel in the truck. Afterwards I soon found out to steal batteries out of it. The gas tank has been cleaned out and small square filer was changed. It cranked for a min then would only start with ether spray. Can anyone tell me what I else I can do to fix it. It was my dad's and the only thing left I have of him. If anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
3,728 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, stop spraying ether in it.

You said the fuel tank was cleaned out; does it have fuel in it now? I know it's a dumb question, but I've spent more time troubleshooting fuel systems with empty fuel tanks than I'd like to admit to.

Next check that the fuel filter is primed. Back near the firewall on the passenger side is the fuel filter. You can access the primer button from top of the engine compartment. The primer button is a big, obvious button that you can push on top of the filter housing. If you push on that, is it firm or soft? If it's soft, then you need to prime it up. Open the bleeder screw next to the primer button and pump that button until fuel comes out the screw. Once it does, pump one more time and hold down the primer button while you tighten the bleeder back up so air doesn't re-enter the system.

Try and fire the truck and see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.