Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just changed my fuel filter, started the truck up, ran for about 10 seconds and died. Now it won't start at all? I don't think the priming pump on top is working? Any suggestions? Muchly appreciated..:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
prime it until your face is blue.

you probably just lost prime.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
it should take you about 30-40 pumps to fill the fuel filter, crack the bleeder screw, prime until it is hard, close bleeder screw then start. if it doesnt start, u could have cracked bleeder screw, or cracked housing, or bad oring placement

·
Registered
426 Posts
^ What he said ^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefilled mine as well. Checked the orings, no cracks anywhere, the primer has zero suction, any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Putting fuel in the filter is a big NO_NO. How clean is it--?? Just one small piece of debris will affect the injector system and cost big BUCKS to fix. Your $$$! :rolleyes:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
no need to prefill. open bleeder, run lift pump till it squirts out, close screw, start.

may have to prime a couple times. My lb7 was finnicky as shit about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I may need a new filter housing, but for now, pressurized the fuel tank turned her over a few times and boom, good to go.:rockin:rockin.

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts