Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just changed my fuel filter, started the truck up, ran for about 10 seconds and died. Now it won't start at all? I don't think the priming pump on top is working? Any suggestions? Muchly appreciated..:confused:

· Registered
14,205 Posts
it should take you about 30-40 pumps to fill the fuel filter, crack the bleeder screw, prime until it is hard, close bleeder screw then start. if it doesnt start, u could have cracked bleeder screw, or cracked housing, or bad oring placement

· Registered
441 Posts
^ What he said ^

· Premium Member
18,259 Posts
Putting fuel in the filter is a big NO_NO. How clean is it--?? Just one small piece of debris will affect the injector system and cost big BUCKS to fix. Your $$$! :rolleyes:

· Banned
24,781 Posts
I drop my filter atleast 5 times when I do it. If I prefilled it would be unfilled by the time its on.

Also, If you prime it and fuel doesnt come out thenyou could have a bad seal or the old seal stayed on the filter housing. Try to tighten the filter or remove it and check everything. :cool:

· Banned
24,781 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.