Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have posted about this before, I just wanted to post my short review of the BiScan GM plugin for Torque pro. The app costs $29.95 on Google Play, in addition to the $5 for Torque Pro. I'm using it with an Obdscan MX bluetooth adapter and a Google Pixel 2 phone. I was looking for something that could read back the injector balance, all of the DEF and emmissions specific codes, and perform some of the basic reset functions like force regen and SCR reset and command EGR value. While it doesn't have all of the features of something like a Tech2 (you can't command individual injectors to open or access the Allison transmission controller), it costs a fraction of the price and still gives you great information about things like regen count, injector balance, soot mass, turbo vane position, and injection/fuel pressure status. It also adds those gauges to Torque Pro so you can log the sensors over a trip and post it to the web for later analysis.

I think it's a great tool for the price if you have an LML and want to know the health of your duramax.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Yeah it is pretty good for the price. I bought it a while ago. I like to know when the truck is regening when I am on the highway. I have been tracking my truck and now that I have a custom tune on my truck, it is nice to have the monitoring until I can get a CTS monitor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used this app on my 2015 lml for about a year. The other night I was doing some maintenance on my phone and turned something off, blocking torquepro from seeing the PIDs. Now I cant get torquepro to work with biscan PIDs. I have uninstalled the and reinstalled and still cant get it to work. Anyone know what I can do to get this back on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have used this app on my 2015 lml for about a year. The other night I was doing some maintenance on my phone and turned something off, blocking torquepro from seeing the PIDs. Now I cant get torquepro to work with biscan PIDs. I have uninstalled the and reinstalled and still cant get it to work. Anyone know what I can do to get this back on?
What phone do you have?

This can help maybe.
https://dontkillmyapp.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Samsung note 9. I checked and it is set not to put it to sleep. It runs in biscan scantool, dit I cant get the PIDs to load into torquepro.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right up my alley, I was just looking at a CTS2 and this might be a better solution. Is there a place where I we can see what other function tests it can perform?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed the app, running on a Galaxy s10+, Torque Pro, and OBDLink MX and so far about 10min in I went through testing to see what I could control like Lights and things at the bottom. As soon as I hit door lock, I got a Service 4 Wheel Drive message on my DIC.

Scanning I see some things but stuff like DPF Temp and DPF Differential pressure are blank??

·
Registered
29 Posts
I gave it a shot all weekend, changed all the coms like it said to prevent the errors, no dice. On my trip, some of the sensors started reading like Differential Pressure sensor etc. Pretty nifty app and kept me from having my laptop out the whole trip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The elms really don’t like BCM stuff. Or anything for that matter. BiScan is very much the core minimum because being too picky means it probably won’t work because Elms are junk. Also the way BiScan and torque talk to each other is deprecated and sadly I can’t fix it.

If you have an obdlink Gretio aims to fix all of that. It’s free at the moment but doesn’t do regens or anything. Development is kind of slow just been really busy lately. It’s still a very beta thing but you can play with around with it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.surrealdev.max

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Gretio app as well, just haven't used it. I have 2 long trips coming up so maybe I'll get to use it soon. Outside of the random functions, it seems to work as advertised so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't make any changes to my phone and BISCAN PIDS quit being read in Torque Pro as well. Tried to reload BISCAN, tried a new OBDii adapter, adjusted some of the app settings. All no go. Hopefully the app issues can be resolved. I loved being able to customize the screen to read the values I wanted to see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I didn't make any changes to my phone and BISCAN PIDS quit being read in Torque Pro as well. Tried to reload BISCAN, tried a new OBDii adapter, adjusted some of the app settings. All no go. Hopefully the app issues can be resolved. I loved being able to customize the screen to read the values I wanted to see.
Sadly nothing can be done on BiScan’s end.

The issue is Torque uses broadcasts to get the PIDs which newer OSes like to block because it’s a common cause of battery drain.

Annnd there’s nothing I can do about that. It’s very OEM specific exactly how bad it is and exactly how to fix it is going to vary phone by phone. It may even be unfixable.

Wish I had better news for people with Torque.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Snipsey, any idea what it means when it says "ECM Control Limit Exceeded. All Services Reset. Limit Code:1109" I got that error trying to do a service regen?

·
Registered
280 Posts
The elms really don’t like BCM stuff. Or anything for that matter. BiScan is very much the core minimum because being too picky means it probably won’t work because Elms are junk. Also the way BiScan and torque talk to each other is deprecated and sadly I can’t fix it.

If you have an obdlink Gretio aims to fix all of that. It’s free at the moment but doesn’t do regens or anything. Development is kind of slow just been really busy lately. It’s still a very beta thing but you can play with around with it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.surrealdev.max
I can see this on my pc but when I got to play store with my samsung s5 it doesn't show up. What's up?

·
Registered
280 Posts
are there any applications that run on a laptop that are better than what runs on phones? I really prefer a pc anyway since you have some chance of controlling the OS environment even maybe linux.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts