Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so has anyone seen or heard anything about TS performance MP-8 or the new GDP Plug and play? Anyone have either installed or testing them ?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Hey so has anyone seen or heard anything about TS performance MP-8 or the new GDP Plug and play? Anyone have either installed or testing them ?
nope, but plug and play is not usually how performance mods are done. Its typically plug, flash, wait, unplug, then play in the form of EFI live. Canned tuners that plug in to the OBDII are always a letdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know that, I just refuse to spend 5 grand to delete at this moment in time if it was 1500-2 maybe but not 5. I want more power than a banks derringer plug in, i have been in a couple of them with the banks installed not overly impressive... Every other truck ive owned has been deleted and had proper tuning either Smarty, EFI or Ezlynk. Was looking at the MP-8 and the GDP because they say they have more that the 60HP but just curious is its real or not.

I emailed both to see about dyno sheets and have not got anything in return.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have been in close contact with GDP and they haven't reached the 100 HP mark yet so until they do it wont be released. That being said I think they will have a hard time hitting that essentially fooling the sensors. The Edge Pulsar just got released and I have it on order with 2 day shipping so it'll be here Tuesday. I agree, the Banks Derringer has been a let down, I legitimately don't feel much/if any power whether its in sport of off. At $800, I certainly hope the edge really wakes the truck up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's just it the truck just feels heavy, and let's be honest yes it has a good amount of power from the factory but that power is not giving to you when you want it. I know torque management and the emissions b.s. play a big roll in this in the way the truck feels. 100hp would be ideal I think. I'm ok with the 80hp that the pulsar claims as long as the truck feels light and when you put your foot into it she kicks herself in the ass and starts to move.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The pulsar is money. Definitely woke the truck up, feels awesome! My Truck is lifted with heavy wheels and tires so on a stock truck I imagine it is even better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts