Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to plug my resonator today in hopes to make my turbo whistle louder. Well after I got it plugged I took it out for a spin and actually it made my turbo quieter and it seemed like it performed worse. So I got back home and unplugged it. Epic fail!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you end up takin it back out?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I was about to plug mine for the same reason. I guess I will research it some more.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
503 Posts
I couldn't tell any difference with mine. I like having the box off so I can see the engine better so I left it.:thumb

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah same with me. For all that it did it wasnt worth leaving in and taking the risk of the plug coming apart and messin something up

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got one of the plugs from madjack racing so I don't have to worry it coming apart. I'd be to afraid to use anything else.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Plugged mine, more turbo noise, seems to have more power.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
126 Posts
well i have to say.sounds like for the little gain if any i wont waist my time

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Be sure to check that the wing-nut doesn't back out.... A test plug in your turbo wouldn't make it sound very good.

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
I did it then added exhaust and its really loud. Usually when I let off the throttle it whistles loud.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Its all for looks, there should be no performance gain/loss by doing it. Only way it would help anything is if that resonator box was cracked and you were sucking stuff in through it

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
i plugged mine a month ago and it helped. i dont think it would do much for a stock truck though

·
Registered
542 Posts
I couldn't tell any difference with mine. I like having the box off so I can see the engine better so I left it.:thumb
that's where I stand on it. It doesn't seem any loud, performance seems the same. I just left it off because i like less unnecessary stuff in the engine bay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wanted to keep the badge on top of my engine so what I did was take a piece of plate steel and using a paint cap (which is the same size as the inside of the rubber boot) and used it as a template. I cut the plate steel out, slid it inside the rubber boot making sure it rested on the ridge inside. Reinstalled my resonator. Done.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It is one of those mods that just sounds like the best thing since sliced bread. But it doesnt do anything towards what is claimed to do.

If my memory serves me right, Kille Bee posted an elaborate post on the reason behind the resonator and why it exists. I tried to find it but couldnt. Maybe someone else can find it. It is there for a reason, beyond my explenation.

It isnt worth the time to try or risk of coming undone.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Killerbee enjoys long walks on the beach with his boyfriend Juanito and rips people off left and right.
#truth

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Alright I guess I'm not going to do this anymore too many say its just a waste of money and now some say it makes the turbo worse. Just sounds like a wait of time and money to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts