Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the truck today and engine light was on. EGR flow insufficient, EGR CKT range performance, Turbo underboost. Stock airbox, AFE intake tube and MP was done about a month ago. No tuners. Any ideas what this could be. MAF sensor?

·
Registered
553 Posts
probly the egr motor/driver that operates the valve they usally go inop. i know there are software updates , or you could do what evrybody else on here does is block it and install a finger stick from kenny diesel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have it under warranty. I think I should have the stealership look at it before I mod it . Am I wrong? If I take it in, should I put the stock mp back on?

·
Registered
553 Posts
it shouldd be fine , programers are mainly what they are looking for , egr problems are coman on these truck , let them fix it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The symptoms before today were: black smoke under acceleration(not much acceleration), 1/4 tank of gas to go 34 miles, wouldn't spool up. Went to go to the store this evening and it was back to normal. I bought some MAF cleaner and gave it a douche. Now everything seems fine? WTF! I'll take it to AUTOZONE tomorrow to try to clear the code. Couldn't be that easy could it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One other question. What is the rusty looking powder/dust near the turbo and on the firewall? Simple Green seems to make it go away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought MAF cleaner at AUTOZONE and gave it a thorough douche. I didn't have the star-drive to remove it so I just took off the air box lid with the sensor attached and cleaned it. Problem solved. The light on the dash went away after about 10min. of driving. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
same problems with my truck. when my truck was tuned i neer got the p0299 code. now that it is stock it throws that code all the time. any ideas on how to solve the problem

·
Registered
102 Posts
Update, my codes all turned out to be a bad EGR. Replace the EGR, no more codes. Truck is pretty much stock.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
damn emissions thats why.... the EPA wants cleaner burning diesels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts