Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor def quality light came on and a friend of mine tried to run the regeneration test and scan. 10 minutes into the test it shut off and kicked the scanner out and won’t give a code or reason! We tried two different scanner tools same results any advice is appreciated!!!!

· Registered
2017 2500HD LTZ Z71 Custom Sport Ed, MW7
275 Posts
Adding on to what cfell mentioned--> Did this happen after filling the DEF tank? Has the truck been sitting a while with old DEF in it? You could always test your DEF with a refractometer. If I received this code, I would first check the fluid and replace it with new fluid after flushing the tank. All you need are a couple of drops to test. Target range for DEF is 32.5%, if under, more concentration is needed (new fluid probably). You can remove the fluid with a fluid evacuator pump. These can suck oil or fluids out of tanks with no drain plugs/ports. You would need the below.

If however you have already done this and have moved on, what FreedomOne said is good advice about looking at the sensor and injector.

Liquid Product Gas Cylinder Font
Office supplies Writing implement Font Auto part Cylinder

· Registered
1,403 Posts
More than likely the def isn't the issue and it's a nox sensor or def injector. Your good concentration wise anywhere from 28 to 34. Some say as low as 26%. Check def concentration first then your nox sensors while warm and running, compare the difference between 1 and 2. Might pull the def injector to see if it's clogged.

Reactions: cfell

· Registered
3 Posts
My poor def quality light came on and a friend of mine tried to run the regeneration test and scan. 10 minutes into the test it shut off and kicked the scanner out and won’t give a code or reason! We tried two different scanner tools same results any advice is appreciated!!!!
I'm having the same problem with my Colorado 2.8 diesel. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a wiring harness that was corroded, a control module and a fluid level senor.

3 weeks later the message came back on its annoying and I have to take it in again. If it keeps having problems I'm going to get rid of it.

· Registered
2015.5 Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW
1,336 Posts
People.. If you have a LML please post the year..
2015 and 2016 are a different body..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.