Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help I think I have an electrical problem and need a little help. We have a 05 CC/LB Silverado K3500 Dually. Driving down the road the speed o starts reading a lot faster than you are going (i.e. 90mph when actually going 30 mph according to looking out the window and looking on the Edge monitor). It also is now loosing power and downshifting, it will then only run at just above idle, sort of like when a fuel filter is plugged. And, yes I have changed the filter. I think it might be in the dash. :help

·
Registered
785 Posts
If the speedo still says you are moving when you are stopped, it sounds like the stepper motor for the speedometer. I think there is a recall on that problem, I found it for a friend of mine, do a search and you will find it on here. As far as your power problem, it sounds like that may be another problem all together. Others will chime in with more info I am sure.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
TheTRue cluster is junk

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm almost positive There is a recall on that speedo. I know there was on my 04 2500HD. I actually used that reason to get out of a speeding ticket :D
As far as losing power I'm not sure. The whole thing including the speedo could be an ECM problem, but that is just a wild shot in the dark.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
There was not a RECALL -- there was a Special Policy for 04 speedos that had a problem with the speed problem. It was for 70,000 miles, or 7 years, which was first. The 05 was not part of the SP, but some dealers did include it. The speedo will not affect the engine operation, as it will still operate with the cluster out. Yes, you do have a stepper motor problem-- (PM sent)

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Remove the Edge and put back to stock-- lots of complaints with the Edge and Edge will repair it-- maybe.

If it is running that bad, and you don't have a fault light-- replace the fuel filter! If you do have a fault light, have someone read the codes.

Also check the wire FICM harness at the passenger side of the alternator. It is tied down with a tie strap. The sharp corner of the FICM bracket curs into the harness and causes a short.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Stepper motors..... And looooooooooose the edge and see if problem i sstill; around after the edge is lost...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stepper motor for sure on the speedo problem-if you can solder its not hard to replace. Search the forums and you will find instructions, also i got my steppers on e-bay for $35.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'll pull the Edge off and see what happens. We have two trucks w/Edge and this one is the only one with any problems. I think the major malfunction is that my wife drives like "Little Old Lady Blue Hair" and I drive like I stole the darn thing! But anyway, thanks for the info! Give me a few days to see what happens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the cluster is junk in these truck i had to get mine replaced too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts